Monday, June 8, 2015

Sewing Some More

I'm digging into several sewing projects...

First up was making these dozen Delectable Mountain blocks. Our charity quilt coordinators in the Central Florida MQG requested them, using our own scrap fabrics in colors similar to the Yoyogi Park collection, by Cloud 9. I will be turning them in at tonight's meeting.

Then, on Instagram I saw that Heather, of HeathersSewingRoom, had made a box-bottom shoe tote. Knowing that one of those would be perfect for my line dance shoes, I made one. Happily, I already had a sturdy 18" orange purse zipper on hand, so that dictated my fabric choice.

This fabric is Sanibel (too perfect), in my favorite colors. Roughly following my own Edith bag tutorial here, changing the dimensions and adding tabs to both ends to hang onto when using the zipper, it went together really easily. Love that fusible Bosal In-R-Form!

Both the tote and handle are stabilized with it, my new favorite tote and bag making product. I used up every last inch of one package and now need to buy more. Grunge fabric is on the inside of this tote.

My latest adventure is to join two quilt-alongs. Both are meant to use scraps, so I've set up my sewing room to make a mess. And it is! Hopefully by the time the alongs are all done, I'll see a reduction of the bits in my aqua scrap bins (see upper left corner).

I'll be joining CrazyMomQuilts - Amanda Jean - to make a Scrap Vortex quilt.

It's a Small World, Tokyo
LiveAColorfulLife - Cindy - is paving the way to make a My Small World quilt, a Jen Kingwell design (based on Disneyland Tokyo's It's a Small World) found in the Spring 2015 issue of Quiltmania magazine.

 Lotsa little bits ahead! Linda

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, sounds like you will be having lots of fun taming those scraps that keep multiplying so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I know that My Small World was based on Disneyland in Tokyo? I can see the resemblance now! Love the shoe bag- perfect for your dancing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same chair for my sewing room! And am planning on doing both of the scrap quilts too. But we are gone this week to Bay Area to visit kids and then hom for a week before heading to WI on a road trip with part of the KC crowd for 12 days. I do think it will be mid July before I really get some solid time in. But I hope to get a some of those pairings done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I did not know that is where Its a Small World was based on. That certainly brings that quilt to life and I look forward to seeing your quilt. I need to get hold of the magazine. You made such a nice job of your shoe bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoe bag is so cute! And the Vortex quilt a challenge- but using up scraps is the name of the game. My sewing room sure has enough of them. I mentioned the car seat in the golf cart because it looked like there was one in the photo. Maybe it was just the seat belt I noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that shoe bag! I haven't been in my sewing room in months....two months we were at the mission and this month daughter and grandchildren have been living with us waiting for the loan papers for their new house to be completed. I'm doing a little cross stitch instead of quilting and I'm making myself be content with that. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be a busy girl! You shoe bag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin