Monday, August 23, 2010

Keep Voting, and a Topper

Keep voting, please! - http://tinyurl.com/vote4SM

The contest is still on to win a $1,000 grant, and Stitchin' Mission can win only by capturing the most votes.

Over the weekend, between a little housework and checking on Stitchin' Mission votes, I managed to complete the sewing on this scrappy quilt top.
Actually, I'm considering adding borders to it, though it already measures 64" X 76". If I do add borders, they will be scrappy. Even after making this quilt top, I still have enough rectangles and square cut to make another!

Also, if you look closely, and if you're a perfectionist as I am, you'll see that my light-colored squares don't line up across the quilt. That's the challenge of sewing strips onto bias-cut edges. The stacked brick strips just didn't align, as much as I pinned and checked before joining them to the skinny vertical strips.

Leaving you today with this funny from Jasmine at The Beauty Boudoir:

What happened when the frog's car broke down?
It got toad away!

Please vote for Stitchin' Mission every day at http://tinyurl.com/vote4SM

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Love the topper--I just entered a post on my blog telling about your "Stitchin' Mission" and also added it to my facebook! I think it is a great ministry. Also! I have added your ministry to may prayer and praise list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top looks good as it is. I would quilt and bind without a border.
    Have been voting for 'Stitchin Mission' and pleased to see it is racing along with the most votes.
    Hope it continues that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute joke.
    And nice way to use your fabrics.Maybe a piano key border?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have really been busy. I didn't make it to the Fair this year. Too many other things and I don't like being outside when it's that hot! I've been voting and watching the other number of votes. We're still pulling for you and your great mission. Have fun sewing next month with your group.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin