Friday, January 1, 2010

Friday Flaunt - Stitchery and 2009 Finished

Happy New Year 2010!

On track to keep my Ten in '10 resolution, this past week I spent every free moment on this Noah's Ark stitchery that I began in early October. It will become a quilt for Tay. Below is the finished large portion of the project, the largest, focal point stitchery. I finished the smaller stitcheries several weeks ago.
As you can see, I colored this piece in the same way I colored the smaller stitcheries. Using Derwent Coloursoft pencils to add depth, some places are fully colored-in, and other places (ark, clouds, and water) are just shaded. I really enjoyed doing this! I felt like a kid with a coloring book.
After coloring, I brush-painted those areas with FolkArt textile medium. It's a clear coat that will protect the colors, making the stitchery and the quilt it will become, washable.

If you're a devotee of anything related to a needle and thread, I hope you're on track for a quilting-filled, stitchery-filled, sewing-filled 2010. There isn't much that's more fun than spending time doing what you love to do - that God has blessed you to be good at and enjoy.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 tells us:
"Seize life! Eat bread with gusto, drink wine with a robust heart. Make quilts, make stitcheries, and sew for all you're worth. Oh yes - God takes pleasure in your pleasure!" (The Message) Italicized words my own.

Hogan adds, and demonstrates so well, "Keep your head down and nose to the grindstone."
Here's wishing you the most blessed, and most productive, 2010 possible. Go with God.

Each Friday, bloggers who belong to Quilting Down Under chat group post a flaunt of their productivity. Visit Cinzia's blog to find links to all 24 Friday Flaunt-ers.

5 comments:

  1. Noah's Ark is coming along beautifully. I love the colouring, it really makes the animals come to life! Tay is a very lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise dog Hogan LOL. Tay is really going to love his quilt - it's looking great! I'm making a start on 2010 in much the same frame of mind, Linda. Only wish there were more hours in my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so great. Congrats on getting it finished.
    Blessings for your new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitchery is looking good and thanks for the close up shots so I can see the colours clearer.
    I had wondered how to make the pencil permanent but will give it a go sometime now that you have given out the secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah's Ark looks beautiful, Lynda. What a treasure that quilt is going to be.
    All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin